No phenomenon more clearly defines our humanity than our historical relationship with our pet companions. The doctors and staff here strive to honor this with each pet that comes through our doors. Beyond the provision of the best possible health care for your pets, we are here to be their advocate; a voice to help you understand their unique needs. Together, we will work to provide them that which they richly deserve: the opportunity for a wonderful life in your loving home.
William L. Davenport, D.V.M.
An important update on how we are continuing to be able to help you and your pets during this Corona pandemic.
We know this is a stressful time for all of you, and we hope that you and your family are staying healthy and safe. We understand how much the COVID 19 situation impacts everyone, from our pet parents, to our community, to our staff. Our top priority is to continue to serve our patients while minimizing the risk to our staff and clients.
Veterinary care is an essential part of our community and we want to assure you that our hospital is open regular business hours and will continue to provide services at this time. We also want to work with you and our staff to limit direct contact in order to focus on safety for everyone during this pandemic. We have implemented a new admittance and check out procedures to limit direct human contact based on the guidelines given by the State of Nevada Executive Department Declaration of Emergency Directive 003. Accordingly, we ask that you follow the below steps for the safety of all:
- Upon arrival at the hospital, please remain in your vehicle and call us at (775)851-4218.
- After receipt of the call, we will check you in as soon as possible from outside the hospital. One of our staff will be out to pick up your pet as soon as we can, while you wait in your vehicle.
- If you are at the hospital to pick up food or medication, please remain in your vehicle outside the hospital and call the front desk. We will deliver your order to your vehicle as quickly as possible.
- If you are not feeling well or at high risk of exposure to coronavirus, or recently traveled, please reschedule your appointment, or ask a healthy friend or family member to transport your pet to the hospital on your behalf. You must call the hospital and inform us of the name of the person bringing your pet in.
- We will do our best to coordinate your visit with curbside service from outside the hospital, including providing follow up instructions and taking payments.
We appreciate your understanding and patience during this difficult time. We understand it may be difficult to separate from your pet, while you wait in your vehicle. Rest assured we are treating your pets as if they were our own with gentle, loving care. We also have and use stress-reducing items to try and make the visit as stress-free as possible, such as relaxing pheromones and lots of yummy treat options! Thank you again for your understanding and patience.